Admission and Eligibility
Admission and Eligibility
Number of Admissions Approved – 2023 – 24
|Course||Total||Govt Seat||Govt Open Seat||NRI||Management Quota|
ADMISSION TO THE DENTAL COURSE - ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Dental
Curriculum of first Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course until:
- He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS course.
- He/she has passed qualifying examination as under :-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
- The candidates who wish to seek admission to Dental courses (BDS/MDS) must compulsorily qualify in UGNEET/PGNEET-2023 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam conducted NTA, New Delhi. The candidates who qualify in the UGNEET/PGNEET–2023 exam will only get the eligibility for admission to Dental courses (BDS/MDS) through KEA counseling conducted by government of Karnataka.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE OTHER THAN KARNATAKA STATE STUDENTS
The candidates who come from outside, must approach the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with following documents, for obtaining eligibility certificates for the BDS Course.
- Photostat copies of marks cards of the qualifying examination.
- Date of Birth Certificate as recorded in the School/College.
- Challan of Rs. 3000/- (BDS)
- Challan of Rs. 5000/- (MDS)
SELECTION OF STUDENTS
As per the Guidelines laid by the Dental Council of India as under :
Procedure for selection to B.D.S. course shall be as follows :-
- In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination based on merit, candidate for admission to B.D.S. course must have passed in the subjects of Physics,Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% as above and must have passing marks in English.
- All admissions for BDS at our institute are done by a centralized counselling system, carried out by the Government of Karnataka. You have to login to www.kea.kar.nic.in for all the details and register online for the same. The registration, document verification and the allotment of seats under all categories (Govt Quota, open quota, Mgt/NRI quota) will be done by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority)
- Migration from one dental college to another is not a right of a student. However, migration of students from one dental college to another dental college in India may be considered by the Dental Council of India. Only in exceptional cases on extreme compassionate grounds,provided the following criteria are fulfilled. Routine migrations on other grounds shall not be allowed.
- Both the colleges, i.e. one at which the student is studying at present and the one to which migration is sought, are recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- The applicant candidate should have passed the first professional B.D.S. Examination.
- The applicant candidate submits his application for migration, complete in all respects, to all authorities concerned within a period of one month of passing (declaration of results) the first professional Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) examination.
- The applicant candidate must submit an affidavit starting that he/she will pursue 240 days of prescribed study before appearing at II professional Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) examination at the Transfer Dental College, which should be duly certified by the registrar of the concerned University in which he/she is seeking transfer. The Transfer will be applicable only after receipt of the affidavit.
- Migration is permitted only in the beginning of II year B.D.S. Course in recognized Institution.
- All applications for migration shall be referred to DCI by the college authorities.No institution/University shall allow migration directly without the prior approval of the council.
- Council reserves the right not to entertain any application which is not under the prescribed compassionate grounds and also to take independent decisions where applicant has been allowed to migrate without referring the same to the council.
Compassionate ground criteria:
- Death of supporting guardian.
- Disturbed condition as declared by government in the dental college area.